Another Help Portrait – another awesome team!
(And there were more who helped earlier in the day not in the photo.)
Haven’t yet heard of Help Portrait? Here’s a short summary from the website:
Founded by Celebrity Photographer Jeremy Cowart, Help-Portrait is a community of photographers coming together across the world to use their photography skills to give back to their local community.
In December, photographers around the world will be grabbing their cameras, finding people in need and taking their picture. When the prints are ready, the photographs get delivered.
Yep. It really is that easy.
This year’s stats are still rolling in for all of the locations spread throughout the world – but for Corvallis – we had 80+ sittings and almost 140 folks in 6 hours.
The Odd Fellows Hall was kind enough to donate their space in downtown Corvallis to the event. And it worked beautifully. Next year – I might even be tempted to suggest we skip the white back drops and just use the brick if we’re able to use the space again… 🙂
But before we start planning for next year’s event – I want to give a shout out to all of our sponsors:
- Odd Fellows Hall – donated a great space during their peak revenue season.
- The Salon (formerly Appearances) – donated light hair styling.
- Trader Joes – for the second year gave juice and cookies to serve at the event.
- Jimmy John’s – for the second year donated sandwiches to feed lunch to hungry volunteers.
- Minuteman Press – came up huge again donating 8.5×11 flyers for advertising.
- KRKT – what can I say – Scott and Angie are great!
- Hewlett-Packard – again provided printers, ink, and media so that all of the clients could leave with a print in hand.
If you’re reading this – and want to know more about Help Portrait – or how to get involved with a group in your area next year – check out their website.
Not a photographer? No worries. Photographer – but portrait work or studio stuff isn’t your gig? Again, no worries. At least at the Corvallis event – photographers are seriously outnumbered. Why? Cuz there’s lots to do – everything from post-process to food tables to hair styling to greeting folks to a bunch of other roles that simply fall under the title of “Hospitality”. So – don’t be bashful – go check it out. 🙂