What a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon! Mid 80’s on a small lake with a bit of a breeze listening to gospel bluegrass.
Admission was nonperishable food items to support the Union Gospel Mission of Salem.
Unfortunately we missed hearing the first and last group of the day (Bethel Mountain Band and Jericho Road). But the rest of the groups were great.
By no means – was I “on assignment” this afternoon – but I just happen to have had a camera with me. 🙂 Below are a few of the photos from the afternoon:
- From the Halfway Home performance.
- From Festival String Band – but I did notice this bass player also performing with Baxter Hill.
- Sharing a laugh during the Heaven Bound gig.
- Another from Heaven Bound.
- The obligatory banjo shot. 🙂
- From Baxter Hill.
- And, just in case someone thought it might be a good idea to jump in to the lake.
If you’re in the Willamette Valley and you dig gospel bluegrass – you might want to check out Bluegrass in the Orchardgrass on 4 August. More details can be found here.