OK – I’ve given you the biggest flops on C47 – so – I’ll wrap up this 2 post series with a few items that, by comparison, were a bit more popular.
That said – I don’t believe the following list is any kind of formula to blogging success – but if I stop and take a look at what (I think) folks have generally enjoyed on C47 – here are some highlights that I’ve found:
- 20 Photography Gifts Under $100. By far the most popular posts here on C47. And you know who made them popular? Scott Kelby. Seriously. A thousand “thank you’s” to him for pointing folks my direction the first (and second) year that I posted the list. I still don’t know how he found it.
- Calendars. The monthly wallpaper / calendars I posted drew a lot of folks to C47. I should probably still be posting them. (Carlos is somewhere in NC right now nodding his head) So – why did I stop? In all honesty – it’s one part “I don’t know” – and another part “let’s try something new”. OK – you’re probably still waiting for the “let’s try something new” part…
- Lensbaby. Folks divide heavily on Lensbaby products. I, however, dig them. And folks that dig them (or think they might dig them) – like to read about them. I’ve posted reviews on the Composer, 0.42x Super Wide Adapter, and the Fisheye.
- Gear Reviews. This baffled me at first. I really wanted to pontificate on the finer points of photography – but my numbers really spiked around gear reviews. Not book reviews – but mechanical things. As it turns out – I’m not all that good at pontificating (see Angry Birds).
- Year end lists. They’re a great challenge for me – and December just seems like a great time for top 10 lists.
So – there you have it – 5 Flops and 5 Hits from C47. And though I’m not sure if I’m any closer to writing a better blog – it’s given me a chance to stop and sum up the last couple of years.
Now – not sure if I should ask this next question – (but what the heck)… any C47 flops that I’ve missed? Any hits? If this generates a lot of discussion – I’ll try to sum it up in a future post.