Here it is … Camera 47’s 2nd Annual 20 Photography Gifts Under $100. Of course, there are plenty of other holiday gift guides out there – so check back – and I’ll try to get a list of those posted soon.
And if you’re looking for more ideas – the 1st Annual list can be found here.
So, without further introduction – here you go – in no particular order – 20 ideas for your favorite photographer:
- The best photography book I read in 2009? DuChemin’s Within the Frame. Read the review here. And if the photographer on your list already has that one – here’s his new book – VisionMongers.
- Another great book – Photographer’s Eye. You can find the review here.
- Hot Shoe Diaries has become one of the hottest photography books of ‘09. Why? Because McNally has nailed it with this great book on minimalist lighting. You can find my review here.
- Moleskin notebooks – the small size. Perfect for all of those in-the-field note taking moments. Easily fits in the back pocket or in the camera bag. Conveniently, it’s a 3 pack.
- A Kenko extension tube in your photographer’s favorite mount. One of these in the bag could save space and dollars – replacing the need for a dedicated macro lens for those occasional micro opportunities.
- Cool, hip travel / photo vest from Scottevest. I haven’t had a chance to try this out yet – but it’s receiving great reviews. Check it out here.
- And to keep all of those great back-at-the-desk notes – a Maker’s Notebook.
- B+W neutral density filter to help with those landscape photos (just make sure you get the right size).
- Blackrapid RS-4 strap – lightweight and room for a couple of memory cards – or you could try the newest model – the RS-5! Bottom line – the RS-4 hasn’t left my camera since July.
- Via from Starbucks. Why? Because this is more than just the best instant coffee I’ve ever tried – it actually tastes good. It has solved my backcountry java dilemma – and it’s good for an emergency cup in the office, too. It comes in Colombia or Italian Roast.
- The updated Digital Photography series from Scott Kelby – now goes to 3!
- The retro-styled seatbelt camera strap – from the same folks who brought you the Super Secret Spy Lens – Photojojo (who else?).
- Lowepro shoulder bag… Stylish, discrete, well made, and convenient (and just a small bit over our $100 limit).
- And speaking of stylish, discrete, and convenient – check out this new setup from Mountainsmith.
- Cap from his / her favorite basketball team.
- If your favorite photographer already has a Lensbaby Composer – the 0.42x wide angle lens attachment could be a great addition.
- One year of Smugmug – to share photos with friends and family near and far.
- OK – another one that exceeds the $100 limit – but seriously – it’s an opportunity to learn lighting from Zach Arias. Very cool.
- Wacom’s new Bamboo Pen and Touch tablet – making it easier to work with those photos.
- For the panoramic shooter in your life – from the Photojojo folks – The Perfect Pano + The Level Camera Cube!
And, if none of this fits the photographer on your list – get ‘em an In-N-Out t-shirt!
(just typing that out makes me hungry for a Double-Double – “animal style” – of course)