Doggone it – wouldn’t you know it – just as I started to sketch out this cool idea for compiling a list of 20 gifts under $100 – Scott, of Scott Kelby, released his 3rd Annual Gonzo Holiday Gear Guide. Well, go check his out, too – but, keep in mind, he has things like a Canon 5D MkII in there – which is likely not a stocking stuffer in my house.
So, without delay (and in no particular order) – here’s Camera 47′s 1st Annual 20 Photography Gifts Under $100 for your all-too-good-this-year photographer:
- The Moment It Clicks by Joe McNally: $33
- Kelby’s Digital Photography Boxed Set ( Volumes 1&2): $27
- Best Business Practices for Photographers by John Harrington: $20
- Gorillapod SLR-Zoom(I’m thinking DSLR’s – but there are smaller sizes…): $50
- Lowepro SlingShot 200AW – general all-purpose bag for a small kit: $90
- HonlPhoto Snoot: $25
- Subscription to Outdoor Photographer: $15
- Subscription to Popular Photography: $14
- Subscription to Shutterbug: $18
- Subscription to Make (hey, wait, how did that make the list?): $35
- Photojojo’s Secret Spy Lens: $50
- Refurbished iPod Nano 8GB – cuz every photographer needs to chill on occasion: $99
- Kata E-702 Elements Cover (for the rain): $40
- Holga camera (OK – it’s film – but it’s cool): $28
- Leatherman Squirt P4 Multi-Tool – small and compact tool for the bag – just don’t forget about it before boarding the plane – or it’ll be on your list for next year, too: $40
- Ball cap from favorite team. $35
- Blackrapid camera strap: $44-$56
- RMSP weekend course. OK – this breaks the $100 barrier – but for newer photographers – this is a great series of classes: $179
- Small 11 LED flashlight: $12
- Comfortable, all-terrain Chaco sandals: $95
There you go. And if you’re photographer has all of this (or wants none of it) – no worries – get ‘em a ukulele!
Update (Dec 2009): For folks looking for the 2nd Annual 20 Photography Gifts Under $100 – you can find it here.